About Coach Filipovic
- Grew up playing Soccer, Basketball, and Tennis.
- Played 1 year of high school football.
- As a freshman, I was a starting kicker at Urbana University in Ohio.
- I transferred to University of South Dakota where I was a starting punter and a starting kicker.
- My sophmore year was filled with bad performances and I finished second to last in our conference in punting average.
- During the spring scrimmage following that season I was approached by a former NFL punter Brian Hanson who happened to live in the area. After seeing me punt a few footballs he asked me if I wanted to play in the NFL. He showed me few things and kept up with me over the next two years.
- My junior year I had 21 punts over 50 yards.
- As a senior, I missed only one field goal - 49 yards left hash
- After my senior year I was not being sought by NFL scouts.
- I bent a few NFL and NCAA rules by showing up uninvited to a few tryouts; I had to get creative and take matters into my own hands in order to gain exposure
- By the time NFL Draft came around, I was rated as one of the top 4 punters in the nation coming out of college according to the NFL College Scouting Reports.
- Green Bay Packers, Miami Dolphins, and Chicago Bears offered to sign me as a free agent.
- I signed with the Dallas Cowboys the day of the draft.
- I earned a starting job as Cowboys punter my first year out of college; I was 1 out of 2 punters that accomplished that feat during 2002 season.
- Since than I have been signed with...
San Francisco 49ers - 2004
Minnessota Vikings 2004
Philadelphia Eagles 2005
Houston Texans - 2006
Chicago Bears 2007.
- I Kicked in Arena Football League (CIFL) in 2008, finishing in top 5 in the league in PAT accuracy and number of field goals made
- Currently, I reside in Chicago, IL and coach kickers and punters of all ages - from NFL to youth football.