MICHIGAN SPRING CAMP - MAY 13,14 2017
Michigan Spring Skills Camp & College Showcase
May 13,14 2017
Location: Hillsdale College, 33 East College St., Hillsdale, Michigan
Coach Filipovic & NFL and/or Big 10 specialists. The Kicking Coach Alumni includes many current and former NFL and Big 10 specialists who assist with coaching at the camps.
- Coach to camper ratio is always 1:7 or better.
- Read about our outstanding staff on the STAFF PAGE.
About the Camp
- Recommended Age: 12 - 19. Average age is 14-17.
- Skills taught: Field Goals, Kickoffs, Punts. We teach the most efficient techniques that are used by NFL and top college kickers, while allowing room for individual nuances.
- Camper skill level varies from the first time kickers to more experienced kickers with several years of camp and playing experience. We tailor instruction to the individual.
- We teach execution of game kicks - directional kickoffs, onside kicks, coffin corner punts, hurried punts, kicking field goals in bad weather, etc.
- College Showcase: We chart, film and evaluate athletes for college referrals. Athletes who are going into their junior and senior seasons of high school will complete our standardized testing workout. Chart and film from the workout are sent to every college in the country. If an athlete underperforms (subjective to his skill level), for his benefit, we advise not have his film sent out to schools.
- Showcase video option: Let us create a high quality skills video that highlights your strengths. It includes statistics from the event, video of best kicks, and expert evaluation. College coaches love it because it shows 1) Mechanics, 2) Leg Strength, and 3) Evaluation of a professional kicking coach. You will receive the video within 3 days of the event. Video production cost: $100 for Kickers or Punters only, $150 for Combos. When signing up, indicate that you wish to add a showcase video. CLICK HERE FOR A SAMPLE SHOWCASE VIDEO.
- Parents are welcome to stay and observe instruction and evaluation.
Saturday - Kickers 10AM-6PM
Sunday - Punters 10AM-5PM
Sign Up Options:
1. Kickers only or Punters only (attending only 1 day): Cost: $250
2. Kicker/Punter Combos (attending both days). Cost: $350
*Many athletes shy away from punting because it is a more difficult skill. This is exactly why there are significantly more opportunities for playing time and college scholarships for punters and combos than kickers-only. Please consider learning the skill of punting. Nobody is born a good punter. Every great punter had to start somewhere.
Do not miss this event,