Michigan Preseason Kicking Camp
August 5th 2023
Kicking: 9 am – 1 pm, Punting: 3 pm – 6:30 pm
Brighton High School, Brighton, MI
- Recommended Age: 12 – 19. Average age is 14-17.
- Skills taught at Michigan Kicking Camp: Field Goals, Kickoffs, Punts. We teach the most efficient techniques that are used by NFL and top college kickers, while allowing room for individual nuances.
- Camper skill level varies from the first time kickers to more experienced kickers with several years of camp and playing experience. We tailor instruction to the individual.
- We teach execution of game kicks – directional kickoffs, onside kicks, coffin corner punts, hurried punts, kicking field goals in bad weather, etc.
- College Prospect Evaluation: We chart, film and evaluate high school sophomore, junior and senior kickers and punters for college referrals. Athletes will complete our standardized testing workout.
- At the Michigan Kicking Camp, our top priority is to teach kickers and punters how to train and improve while kicking on their own. There are no kicking coaches on middle school, high school, or college football teams. When your high school coach gives you couple footballs and tells you to “go practice”, you need to know… How to kick? How much to kick? How often to kick? What to tell your snapper and holder? How to make adjustments for different conditions? Etc.
- Parents are welcome to stay and observe instruction and evaluation.
*Many athletes shy away from punting because it is a more difficult skill. This is exactly why there are significantly more opportunities for playing time and college scholarships for punters and combos than kickers-only. Please consider learning the skill of punting. Nobody is born a good punter. Every great punter had to start somewhere.
Filip Filipovic, NFL veteran, professional kicking coach
KC Lopata, Former University of Michigan Kicker, kicking coach
Andrew Wellock, Carolina Panthers, Eastern Michigan University, kicking coach
NFL and BIG 10 kickers and punters. Our staff is loaded with The Kicking Coach Alumni who are extremely talented and personable. Coach to camper ratio is always 1:7 or better.
Sign up opens in January. $50 deposit is due at sign up. Remaining balance is due on the day of the camp. Deposit is refundable for any reason up until 10 days before the event.