Indiana Kicking Camp
Kicking: 9 AM – 1 PM, Punting: 3 PM – 6:30 PM
Grand Park Sports Campus, Westfield, Indiana
*June 2023 CAMP DATE WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN MID-JANUARY
Grand Park Sports Campus is one of the largest sports facilities in the world. We will be using one of their 8 outdoor turf fields for our kicking event.
- Recommended Age: 12 – 18. Average age is 14-17.
- Skills taught: Field Goals, Kickoffs, Punts. We teach the most efficient techniques that are used by NFL and top college kickers, while allowing room for individual nuances.
- Camper skill level varies from the first time kickers to more experienced kickers with several years of camp and playing experience. We tailor instruction to the individual.
- We teach execution of game kicks – directional kickoffs, onside kicks, coffin corner punts, hurried punts, kicking field goals in bad weather, etc.
- College Showcase: We chart, film and evaluate athletes for college referrals. Athletes who are going into their junior and senior seasons of high school will complete our standardized testing workout. Statistics and observations from the evaluation are sent to colleges and used for college referrals. If an athlete underperforms (subjective to his skill level), for his benefit, we discard the statistics.
- Parents are welcome to stay and observe instruction and evaluation.
- At the Indiana Kicking Camp, our top priority is to teach kickers and punters how to train and improve while kicking on their own. There are no kicking coaches on middle school, high school, or college football teams. When your high school coach gives you couple footballs and tells you to “go practice”, you need to know… How to kick? How much to kick? How often to kick? What to tell your snapper and holder? How to make adjustments for different conditions? Etc.
8:50 AM Camp Check in for Kickers and Kickers/Punters
9:00 AM Kicking Fundamentals Instruction
12:00 PM Evaluation of field goals and kickoffs
1:00 PM Camp ends for Kickers Only. Lunch break for kickers/punters
2:50 PM Check-in for punters only
3:00 PM Punting Fundamentals Instruction
4:00 PM Punting Evaluation
6:30 PM Camp ends for all athletes
*Many athletes shy away from punting because it is a more difficult skill. This is exactly why there are significantly more opportunities for playing time and college scholarships for punters and combos than for athletes who are kickers only. Consider learning the skill of punting. Nobody is born a good punter. Every great punter had to start somewhere.
Coach Filip Filipovic – NFL Veteran, Kicking Coach
NFL and/or Big 10 specialists. The Kicking Coach Alumni includes many current and former NFL and Big 10 specialists who assist with coaching at the camps.
Coach to camper ratio is always 1:7 or better.
**Read about our outstanding staff on the STAFF PAGE.