Indiana Kicking Camp
June 22nd, 23rd 2019
Saturday: Kicking, Sunday: Punting
Indiana Wesleyan University, Marion, Indiana
- Recommended Age: 12 – 19. Average age is 14-17.
- Skills taught: Field Goals, Kickoffs, Punts. We teach the most efficient techniques that are used by NFL and top college kickers, while allowing room for individual nuances.
- Camper skill level varies from the first time kickers to more experienced kickers with several years of camp and playing experience. We tailor instruction to the individual.
- We teach execution of game kicks – directional kickoffs, onside kicks, coffin corner punts, hurried punts, kicking field goals in bad weather, etc.
- College Showcase: We chart, film and evaluate athletes for college referrals. Athletes who are going into their junior and senior seasons of high school will complete our standardized testing workout. Statistics and observations from the evaluation are sent to colleges and used for college referrals. If an athlete underperforms (subjective to his skill level), for his benefit, we discard the statistics.
- Parents are welcome to stay and observe instruction and evaluation.
- Indiana Wesleyan University football stadium is a brand new facility – built in 2018. This is one of our newest kicking camp locations. This camp tends to be smaller in size, offering exceptional training opportunity with highly skilled staff in a small group setting.
10 AM Kickers and Kicker/Punters Check in
1 PM – 2 PM Lunch Break
6PM Camp ends for Kickers Only
10 AM Punters check in
1 PM – 2 PM Lunch break
5 PM Camp Ends for all Athletes
*Many athletes shy away from punting because it is a more difficult skill. This is exactly why there are significantly more opportunities for playing time and college scholarships for punters and combos than kickers-only. Please consider learning the skill of punting. Nobody is born a good punter. Every great punter had to start somewhere.
Coach Filip Filipovic – NFL Veteran, Kicking Coach
KC Lopata – University of Michigan Kicker, Class of 2010.
NFL and/or Big 10 specialists. The Kicking Coach Alumni includes many current and former NFL and Big 10 specialists who assist with coaching at the camps.
Coach to camper ratio is always 1:7 or better.
**Read about our outstanding staff on the STAFF PAGE.