Iowa Kicking Camp & College Showcase
March 2020 – 9 AM to 5 PM
William Penn University Fieldhouse, Oskaloosa, IA
- Preferred camper age: 12 to 18. Most athletes are in 14-16 year age group.
- Skills taught: Effective mechanics for kicking Field Goals, Kickoffs, and Punts.
- This is a one day skill-building and evaluation kicking camp for kickers and kicker/punter combos who are looking to get the most out of the 2019 off-season.
- COLLEGE EXPOSURE EVENT. Class of 2019, 2020 and 2021 athletes will have an opportunity to get evaluated for college referrals. Every athlete goes through a standardized age-appropriate evaluation test.
- At every kicking camp, our top priority is to teach kickers and punters how to train and improve while kicking on their own. There are no kicking coaches on middle school, high school, or college football teams. When your high school coach gives you couple footballs and tells you to “go practice”, you need to know… How to kick? How much to kick? How often to kick? What to tell your snapper and holder? How to make adjustments for different conditions? Etc.
- High school seniors will learn how to kick field goals off the ground, and get final/ last chance evaluation for college referrals. “Late bloomer” kickers get overlooked because most colleges have their lists of high school prospects finalized prior to the start of kicker’s senior season. If you got pretty good toward the end of your high school career, we need to know how good you are and if you are looking to kick in college.
- This Iowa kicking camp is for kickers and kicker/punter combos. Facility roof is not high enough for punting. Punters-only should not sign up.
- HIGH SCHOOL COACHES are welcome to attend the clinic for free and learn from coach Filipovic and his staff.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- What exercises and drills will take your skills to a higher level
- What you need to do to get seen by college coaches
- How college recruiting process works
- How to utilize sport psychology to kick well under pressure
- Equipment secrets of pro kickers
- How to coach your holder and snapper, communicate with your coach, etc.
- And much more…
THIS CLINIC WILL INCLUDE:
- Individual video analysis and breakdown
- Teaching of skills of kicking and punting and game scenario kicks
- Individual college potential evaluation
Iowa Kicking Camp Cost: $250
$50 refundable deposit is due at sign up. Remaining balance is due on the day of the event.
Filip Filipovic, Experience: NFL, 25+ years in the world of kicking
Coach to camper ratio is always 1:7 or better. This is one of the few, if not the only camp in the country, where athletes have an opportunity to work closely with NFL – experienced staff in a small group setting.
Since our first event in 2010, the staff at this clinic included Billy Cundiff – BROWNS, Greg Zuerlein – RAMS, Austin Signor – BEARS, Mike Meyer – 4 year starter at IOWA (also Titans and Falcons) and many other talented kickers.
**Read more about our kicking coaches on the STAFF PAGE
- Video of NFL kicker, BILLY CUNDIFF, teaching kickoffs at the Iowa Winter Clinic.