Michigan Kicking Camp & College Exposure Event
December 28th 2019
10:00AM – 6:00PM
Grand Valley State University Indoor Facility
Kicking camp enrollment is limited to 50 due to space constraints. Sign up early to save your spot. This is 12th year of Michigan Kicking Camp at GVSU. It sells out almost every year.
Preferred camper age for Michigan Kicking Camp at GVSU is 12 to 18. Majority of kickers are in 14-16 age group.
This is a one day kicking camp and long snapping camp with the focus on skill development and evaluation for specialists who are looking to get a head start on the competition for the 2020 football season. We will spend majority of the camp on field goals and kickoffs. We will cover punting technique, go through punting drills and off-season preparation.
COLLEGE EXPOSURE EVENT. Class of 2020, 2021 and 2022 athletes will have an opportunity to get evaluated for college referrals. Most college coaches ask kicking coaches for their top performers. Kick well, and we will get your name and statistics to colleges.
- High school seniors will learn how to kick field goals off the ground, and get final/ last chance evaluation for college referrals. “Late bloomer” kickers get overlooked because most colleges have their lists of high school prospects finalized prior to the start of kicker’s senior season. If you got pretty good toward the end of your high school career, we need to know how good you are and if you are looking to kick in college.
- At every kicking camp, our top priority is to teach kickers and punters how to train and improve while kicking on their own. There are no kicking coaches on middle school, high school, or college football teams. When your high school coach gives you couple footballs and tells you to “go practice”, you need to know… How to kick? How much to kick? How often to kick? What to tell your snapper and holder? How to make adjustments for different conditions? Etc.
Athletes who are punters-only check in at 4:30 PM. There are usually 5 or less pure punters who work on developing their skills with one of our outstanding coaches for hour and half.
- Long snappers should visit Coach Nolan Owen’s website HERE for details and sign up. Coach Nolan Owen is an accomplished former division 1 snapper who is one of the top long snapping coaches in the country with numerous students in college and pros.
HIGH SCHOOL COACHES are welcome to attend the clinic for free and learn from coach Filipovic and his staff.
YOU WILL LEARN
How pros kick and train
What exercises and drills will take your skills to a higher level
How to prepare for a successful season from January until the last game
What you need to do to get seen by college coaches
What parents need to do to help with recruiting process
Equipment secrets of the pros
And much more…
THIS CLINIC WILL INCLUDE
Individual video analysis and breakdown
Teaching of skills of kicking and punting
Teaching of game scenario kicks
Individual college potential evaluation
Michigan Kicking Camp Cost:
Kicker or Kicker/Punter: $260 (full day)
Punter only: $100 (4:30pm – 6pm)
$50 refundable deposit is due at sign up. Remaining balance is due on the day of the event.
Filip Filipovic, NFL veteran, professional kicking coach
- Zach Paul – Cleveland Browns, Jacksonville Jaguars, University of Akron
- Ryan Donahue – Detroit Lions 2011, Iowa Hawkeyes
- KC Lopata – University of Michigan Kicker – Class of 2010
- Zack Medeiros – CFL Kicker/Punter, 3rd highest punt average in 2018 at 46.3 yards
- Thomas Kinney – NFL Free Agent Kicker, TKC Alum since 2008. Outstanding kicker and coach with 65+ yard FG range.
- Michigan and Michigan State kickers usually assist with coaching if it does not conflict with their bowl game schedule.
Coach to Camper Ratio is always 1:7 or better.
**Read about our outstanding staff on the STAFF PAGE.