Michigan Kicking Camp & College Exposure Event
January 30th 2020
10 AM – 4 PM
MSA Woodland Indoor, Grand Rapids, MI
With the 2020 location being moved from GVSU to MSA Woodland (due to GVSU Covid-19 policy), maximum enrollment will be reduced to 40 athletes due to space limitations. Sign up by the mid November to save your spot. This event sells out every year.
- Preferred camper age for Michigan Kicking Camp at GVSU is 12 to 18. Majority of kickers are in 14-16 age group.
This is a one day kicking camp and long snapping camp with the focus on skill development and evaluation for specialists who are looking to get a head start on the competition for the next football season. We will spend majority of the camp on field goals and kickoffs. We will cover punting technique, go through punting drills and off-season preparation.
COLLEGE EXPOSURE EVENT. High School athletes will have an opportunity to get evaluated for college referrals and get ranked against other kickers in their class. Top performers will receive an invite to the exclusive Top Kicker In America Series Event.
- High school seniors will learn how to kick field goals off the ground, and get final/ last chance evaluation for college referrals. “Late bloomer” kickers get overlooked because most colleges have their lists of high school prospects finalized prior to the start of kicker’s senior season. If you got pretty good toward the end of your high school career, we need to know how good you are and if you are looking to kick in college.
- At every kicking camp, our top priority is to teach kickers and punters how to train and improve while kicking on their own. There are no kicking coaches on middle school, high school, or college football teams. When your high school coach gives you couple footballs and tells you to “go practice”, you need to know… How to kick? How much to kick? How often to kick? What to tell your snapper and holder? How to make adjustments for different conditions? Etc.
- Long snappers should visit Coach Nolan Owen’s website HERE for details and sign up. Coach Nolan Owen is an accomplished former division 1 snapper who is one of the top long snapping coaches in the country with numerous students in college and pros.
HIGH SCHOOL COACHES are welcome to attend the clinic for free and learn from coach Filipovic and his staff.
YOU WILL LEARN
How pros kick and train
What exercises and drills will take your skills to a higher level
How to prepare for a successful season from January until the last game
What you need to do to get seen by college coaches
What parents need to do to help with recruiting process
Equipment secrets of the pros
And much more…
THIS CLINIC WILL INCLUDE
Individual analysis and breakdown
Teaching of skills of kicking and punting
Teaching of game scenario kicks
Individual college potential evaluation
Michigan Kicking Camp Cost:
Kicker or Kicker/Punter: $280
*Punters only should not attend this event.
$50 refundable deposit is due at sign up. Remaining balance is due on the day of the event.
Filip Filipovic, NFL veteran, professional kicking coach
- KC Lopata – University of Michigan Kicker – Class of 2010
- Thomas Kinney – NFL Free Agent Kicker, TKC Alum since 2008. Outstanding kicker and coach with 65+ yard FG range.
- Josh Brebant – certified strength coach and a kicking coach. TKC Alum since 2011. D1 scholarship kicker who graduated in 2018.
- Michigan and Michigan State kickers usually assist with coaching if it does not conflict with their team obligations.
Coach to Camper Ratio is always 1:7 or better.
**Read about our outstanding staff on the STAFF PAGE.
$50 deposit is due now. Remaining balance is due on the day of the event. Deposit is refundable for any reason up until two weeks prior to the event.
Athletes will receive a reminder email 10 days before the event with additional details – what to bring, what to wear, where to park, etc.