Illinois Kicking Camp & College Exposure Event
January 18th 2021 (MLK Day – No School)
9 AM – 5 PM
This is our 14th year of Illinois Kicking Camp. Enrollment is limited due to space constraints. This event sells out on most years.
Recommended camper age: 12 to 18. Majority of athletes are between 14 and 16 years old.
Illinois Kicking Camp is a skills development and evaluation event for kickers, punters, and long snappers who are looking to get a head start on competition for the next football season, and find out how they compare to their classmates. We will spend majority of the camp on field goals and kickoffs. We will cover punting technique, go through punting drills and off-season preparation.
COLLEGE EXPOSURE EVENT. Sophomore, junior and senior kickers and punters will have an opportunity to get evaluated for college referrals. Most college coaches ask kicking coaches for their top performers. Kick well, and we will get your name and statistics to colleges.
- High school seniors will learn how to kick field goals off the ground, and get final/ last chance evaluation for college referrals. “Late bloomer” kickers get overlooked because most colleges have their lists of high school prospects finalized prior to the start of kicker’s senior season. If you got pretty good toward the end of your high school career, we need to know how good you are and if you are looking to kick in college.
At every kicking camp, our top priority is to teach kickers and punters how to train and improve while kicking on their own. There are no kicking coaches on middle school, high school, or college football teams. When your high school coach gives you couple footballs and tells you to “go practice”, you need to know… How to kick? How much to kick? How often to kick? What to tell your snapper and holder? How to make adjustments for different conditions? Etc.
Athletes who are punters-only check in at 3:30 PM. There are usually 5 or less pure punters who work on developing their skills with one of our outstanding coaches for hour and half.
- LONG SNAPPERS should visit Coach Nolan Owen’s website HERE for details and sign up. Coach Nolan Owen is an accomplished former division 1 snapper who is one of the top long snapping coaches in the country with numerous students in college and pros.
HIGH SCHOOL COACHES are welcome to attend the clinic for free and learn from coach Filipovic and his staff.
YOU WILL LEARN
How pros kick and train
What exercises and drills will take your skills to a higher level
How to prepare for a successful season from January until the last game
What you need to do to get seen by college coaches
What parents need to do to help with recruiting process
Equipment secrets of the pros
And much more…
THIS CLINIC WILL INCLUDE
Individual video analysis and breakdown
Teaching of skills of kicking and punting
Teaching of game scenario kicks
Individual college potential evaluation
Illinois Kicking Camp Cost:
Kicker or Kicker/Punter Combo: $270
$50 refundable deposit is due at sign up. Remaining balance is due on the day of the event.
Filip Filipovic, NFL veteran, professional kicking coach
- Austin Seibert – Cleveland Browns Kicker
- Zach Paul – Jacksonville Jaguars, Cleveland Browns
- Thomas Kinney – NFL free agent, Southern Illinois
- Josh Brebant – Northern Illinois University ’14. Kicking Coach, Physical Trainer.
- more staff will be added…
Coach to Camper Ratio is always 1:7 or better.
**Read about our outstanding staff on the STAFF PAGE.
$50 deposit is refundable for any reason up until two weeks prior to the event. If you need to cancel within two weeks of the event, you may transfer the deposit toward a future event.