Ohio Preseason Kicking Camp
July 29th 2023
Kicking: 9 AM – 1 PM, Punting: 3 PM – 6:30 PM
Ashland University, Ashland, Ohio
Lions Kicker Austin Seibert kicking a 63 yard field goal for the campers
Teaching strength training exercises for kickers
- Recommended Age: 12 – 19. Average age is 14-17.
- Skills taught at the Ohio Kicking Camp: Field Goals, Kickoffs, Punts. At our kicking camps, we teach the most efficient techniques that are used by NFL and top college kickers while allowing room for individual nuances. At preseason kicking camps, we also focus on teaching the execution of game scenario kicks – directional kicking, working with snappers and holders, etc.
- Camper skill level varies from the first time kickers to more experienced kickers with several years of camp and playing experience. We tailor instruction to the individual.
- We chart and evaluate younger athletes for self-assessment and comparison with peers.
- Older athletes are charted and evaluated for college potential and referrals.
- College Showcase: We chart, film and evaluate high school sophomore, junior and senior kickers and punters for college referrals. Athletes will complete our standardized testing workout. Statistics and observations from the evaluation are sent to colleges and used for college referrals. If an athlete underperforms (subjective to his skill level), for his benefit, we discard the statistics.
- Parents are welcome to stay and observe instruction and evaluation.
- At the Ohio kicking camp, our top priority is to teach kickers and punters how to train and improve while kicking on their own. There are no kicking coaches on middle school, high school, or college football teams. When your high school coach gives you couple footballs and tells you to “go practice”, you need to know… How to kick? How much to kick? How often to kick? What to tell your snapper and holder? How to make adjustments for different conditions? Etc.
**Many athletes shy away from punting because it is a more difficult skill. This is exactly why there are significantly more opportunities for playing time and college scholarships for punters and combos than kickers-only. Please consider learning the skill of punting. Nobody is born a good punter. Every great punter had to start somewhere.
Filip Filipovic. 6-year NFL veteran, Professional Kicking Coach
Zoltan Mesko, NFL veteran. Played three seasons for Patriots, punting in Superbowl XLVI (2012). Also punted for Bengals and Steelers. Attended high school in Twinsburg, Ohio, where he earned All-State and All-American honors. Attended college at University of Michigan where he also earned All-American honors.
KC Lopata, former University of Michigan 2-year starting kicker. Top 5 most accurate kicker in Michigan’s history – so somewhere in the top 30 if he played at Ohio State 🙂 . Comes with a degree in Education. Excellent kicking coach.
Zach Paul, attended NFL camps with Cleveland and Jacksonville. Former University of Akron Kicker/Punter.
The Kicking Coach Alumni with NFL or major college experience. Coach to Camper ration is always 1 to 7 or better. Assistant coaches at this event included Zoltan Mesko (Patriots), Aaron Pettrey (Bengals, Ohio State), Austin Signor (Bears), Todd Carter (Panthers), Jon Thoma (Ohio State), and many others.
**For more information, check out our KICKING COACHES page.