Chicago Preseason Kicking Camp
July 16th 2023
Kicking: 9 AM – 1 PM, Punting: 3 PM – 6 PM
Loyola Academy, Wilmette, IL
Kicker Specific workout routine (sample) lead by , former college kicker, certified strength coach Danny Cola.
NFL Kicker Austin Seibert explains how to break in the kicking shoe properly
- Recommended Age: 12 – 19. Average age is 14-17.
- At all of our kicking camps, athletes:
1) learn the skills
2) learn the training methods
3) receive subjective and objective evaluation of their current kicking abilities
- Skills taught: Field Goals, Kickoffs, Punts. We teach the most efficient techniques that are used by NFL and top college kickers while allowing room for individual nuances.
- Camper skill level varies from the first time kickers to more experienced kickers with several years of camp and playing experience. At our kicking camps, we tailor instruction to the individual.
- College Prospect Evaluation: We evaluate athletes for college referrals. Athletes will complete our standardized testing workout. Statistics and observations from the evaluation are used for college referrals.
- We teach execution of game kicks – directional kickoffs, onside kicks, coffin corner punts, hurried punts, kicking field goals in bad weather, etc.
- Parents are welcome to stay and observe instruction and evaluation.
8:50 AM Camp Check in for Kickers and Kickers/Punters
9:00 AM Kicking Fundamentals Instruction
12:15 PM Evaluation of field goals and kickoffs
1:00 PM Camp ends for Kickers Only. Lunch break and recovery period for kickers/punters
2:50 PM Check-in for punters only
3:00 PM Punting Fundamentals Instruction
5:20 PM Punting Evaluation
6:00 PM Camp ends for all athletes
*Many athletes shy away from punting because it is a more difficult skill. This is exactly why there are significantly more opportunities for playing time and college scholarships for punters and combos than kickers-only. Consider learning the skill of punting. Nobody is born a good punter. Every great punter had to start somewhere. On average, there are only 10-20 punters who attend at this event.
Filip Filipovic, NFL veteran, professional kicking coach
NFL and BIG 10 kickers and punters. Our staff is loaded with The Kicking Coach Alumni who are extremely talented and personable. Coach to camper ratio is always 1:7 or better.
For more information, check out our KICKING COACHES and STAFF PRACTICE VIDEOS