Chicago Preseason Kicking Camp
July 18th 2020
Kicking: 10 AM – 2 PM, Punting: 3 PM – 7 PM
Loyola Academy, Wilmette, IL
- Recommended Age: 12 – 19. Average age is 14-17.
- Skills taught: Field Goals, Kickoffs, Punts. We teach the most efficient techniques that are used by NFL and top college kickers while allowing room for individual nuances.
- Camper skill level varies from the first time kickers to more experienced kickers with several years of camp and playing experience. We tailor instruction to the individual.
- College Showcase: We chart, film and evaluate athletes for college referrals. Athletes who are going into their junior and senior seasons of high school will complete our standardized testing workout. Statistics and observations from the evaluation are sent to colleges and used for college referrals. If an athlete underperforms (subjective to his skill level), for his benefit, we discard the statistics.
- We teach execution of game kicks – directional kickoffs, onside kicks, coffin corner punts, hurried punts, kicking field goals in bad weather, etc.
- Parents are welcome to stay and observe instruction and evaluation.
9:40 AM Camp Check in for Kickers and Kickers/Punters
10:00 AM Kicking Fundamentals Instruction
1:00 PM Evaluation of field goals and kickoffs
2:00 PM Camp ends for Kickers Only. Lunch break for kickers/punters
2:50 PM Check-in for punters only
3:00 PM Punting Fundamentals Instruction
6:20 PM Punting Evaluation
7:00 PM Camp ends for all athletes
*Many athletes shy away from punting because it is a more difficult skill. This is exactly why there are significantly more opportunities for playing time and college scholarships for punters and combos than kickers-only. Please consider learning the skill of punting. Nobody is born a good punter. Every great punter had to start somewhere.
Filip Filipovic, NFL veteran, professional kicking coach
NFL and BIG 10 kickers and punters. Our staff is loaded with The Kicking Coach Alumni who are extremely talented and personable. Coach to camper ratio is always 1:7 or better.